Miss Denise opened her school in 1982 at the Padbury & Heathridge Recreation Centres. Due to the success & growth of the school, it was obvious Miss Denise and her students needed their own premises to further develop the school, consequently Miss Denise opened the first dancing school in Joondalup in 1991.
In 1997 she moved to the present facilities in the Joondalup Business Park to accomodate the training of her college students in their vocational pathways.
2016 brought additional improvements and renovations to the studio to better improve the dance environment.
Over the years Miss Denise has always strived to stay at the forefront in the dance industry both in its facilities & training methods.
• To promote the love & joy of dance, whilst aiming for that degree of excellence.
• Inspire & assist each student to reach their full potential.
• Provide a safe & encouraging environment, where students make friendships that last forever.
• Offer a warm and caring atmosphere for parents & students alike.
• Ensure our facilities offer the best.
• Keeping up to date with syllabus and teaching methods.
• Reasonable fee structure enabling students to attend more classes & meet their goals.
• Tailored made timetable to fit around school hours.
Former students have had success in many areas of the dance world. Some operate successful dance studios, others have gone onto further their training through WAAPA, becoming professional dancers and entertainers. Others are free lance dance teachers, choreographers and adjudicators.
Current student Emma Jorgensen
with her ARAD certificate.
Other faculty members are guest teachers from the ballet world, including dancers from the WA Ballet, Australian Ballet, and Royal Ballet.
School Principal: Miss Denise
Miss Denise trained in the United Kingdom and gained qualifications in the 'Royal Academy of Dancing' and 'Imperial Society of Teachers of Dance' syllabi, she then danced professionally for many years as a principal dancer.
Miss Denise is the artistic director of the college, RAD Mentor, and workplace supervisor, bringing a wealth of experience to her students.
Denise Mantle College of Ballet students train in a fully equipped air conditioned studio, which features sprung floors, ballet barres, & wall to wall mirrors. Other facilities include change rooms, students lounge, parents waiting area, ample parking, plus our office & uniform shop.